Eco Bins are 100% Australian. They're Australian by design and manufactured in Australia from Australian made materials.
Eco Bin (Aust) Pty Ltd and its parent company are wholly Australian owned, too.
All corrugated plastic bins bearing the EcoBin logo and purchased after 1st October 2013 come with a lifetime warranty against defect.
That means for as long as you own them we guarantee they'll:
- Function as indoor waste bins.
- Hold their shape.
- Withstand washing with a warm wet cloth.
- Resist ripping during the course of reasonable indoor use.
What is Not Guaranteed?
EcoBins are NOT guaranteed against:
- Exposure to excessive heat or cold;
- Corrosive chemicals;
- Submersion in water for extended periods.
Moreover, they are made for use as indoor waste bins. As such, we do not guarantee against:
- Colours fading with prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or other sources of UV light;
- Damage from use as storage containers for sharp or heavy objects;
- Damage from overfilling to the point that they are pushed out of shape.
Please note that Wheelie Bins, Posters, Bin Liners and Bins made from cardboard are not covered by our lifetime warranty.
EcoBins are certified as Carbon Neutral products by the Carbon Reduction Institute.
- EcoBins are made from a special lightweight, corrugated plastic. Their manufacture requires less than a quarter of the raw materials used to make a traditional injection moulded plastic bin of equivalent size.
- Their manufacture also requires less than 50% of the energy consumed in making equivalent injection moulded bins.
- What greenhouse gas emissions we do produce in the lifecycle of EcoBins, i.e. their manufacture, transport etc, we offset by purchasing Carbon Offset Credits.
To learn more about the Carbon Reduction Institute’s findings and certification please see:
- EcoBin Case Study
- Online Verification of EcoBin’s Carbon Neutral status
- Letter of Carbon Neutral Certification of the EcoBin product range
- EcoBin Life Cycle Analysis
Additional Sustainability Benefits
- Most EcoBins are flat packed when shipped, which means they save on transport emissions.
- They are fully recyclable at the end of their lives.
- Compared to injection moulded plastic bins, their manufacture requires very little water and their recycling process is chemical free.
- Their colour coding system is highly effective at minimizing the comingling of waste streams and in diverting waste from landfill.
We also want you to order with 100% confidence. That’s why we offer a full refund if you return the bins within 14 days of purchase.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you can return them for a full refund within 14 days provided you:
- Provide the original receipt / proof of purchase.
- Items are in as new condition.
Please note our return policy does not apply to Wheelie Bins.
Both plastic and cardboard EcoBins are made from materials that are 100% recyclable.
Our new black range of bins is also manufactured from 100 percent recycled plastic