EcoBins are certified as Carbon Neutral products by the Carbon Reduction Institute.
- EcoBins are made from a special lightweight, corrugated plastic. Their manufacture requires less than a quarter of the raw materials used to make a traditional injection moulded plastic bin of equivalent size.
- Their manufacture also requires less than 50% of the energy consumed in making equivalent injection moulded bins.
- What greenhouse gas emissions we do produce in the lifecycle of EcoBins, i.e. their manufacture, transport etc, we offset by purchasing Carbon Offset Credits.
Please note: Ecobin wheelie bin enclosures are not carbon neutral certified.
To learn more about the Carbon Reduction Institute’s findings and certification please see:
- EcoBin Case Study
- Online Verification of EcoBin’s Carbon Neutral status
- Letter of Carbon Neutral Certification of the EcoBin product range
- EcoBin Life Cycle Analysis
Additional Sustainability Benefits
- Most EcoBins are flat packed when shipped, which means they save on transport emissions.
- They are fully recyclable at the end of their lives.
- Compared to injection moulded plastic bins, their manufacture requires very little water and their recycling process is chemical free.
- Their colour coding system is highly effective at minimizing the comingling of waste streams and in diverting waste from landfill.