Understanding the Recycling Codes
All plastic items feature a code in a triangle so you know how to recycle them!
- (1) PETE - eg, soft drink bottles and common food packaging
- (2) HDPE - eg, shampoo, soap or milk containers
- (3) V - eg, PVC plastic. Don’t send them to landfill!
- (4) LDPE - eg, soft plastics like garbage or sandwich bags
- (5) PP - eg, tubs and bottles. They’re super recyclable!
- (6) PS - eg, polystyrene
- (7) All other plastics
As a general rule, codes 1, 2 and 5 can be recycled, all others should be double checked depending on where you live.
You’ll be a recycling pro in no time!